Kinds of toxic mushrooms: Symptoms of poisoning

Kinds of toxic mushrooms: Symptoms of poisoning

Kinds of toxic mushrooms: Symptoms of poisoning

In autumn they will emerge again: mushrooms. They are in many sizes and types. Some are edible and good to harvest in the forest, if you have an eye for it. Unfortunately, there are also many poisonous mushrooms. That can be dangerous for unborn children and pets. But also the culinary amateur who picks up mushrooms without proper preparation is at risk of poisoning. But also with knowledge, be careful because edible and poisonous mushrooms sometimes resemble each other. What do you recognize the poisonous mushrooms? And what are the symptoms of poisoning? The answers to these questions can mean the difference between life and death.

Green Knolamanite (Amanita Phalloides)
The green knolamanite (Amanita phalloides) can be found in deciduous forests, oak, beech, hazelnut and chestnut trees. The mushroom has a green-yellow hat with sometimes a little brown or white and with dark stripes running from the middle. The hat has white slats on the underside, often with green weather. This is an important difference with the mushroom, on which the knolamanite looks strong. sure if he is still young. The slender stem is white with greenish stripes and has a white striped ring.

Symptoms of poisoning
The green knolamanite is considered to be one of the poisonous mushrooms in the world. Half a hat, or 30 to 50 grams, can already be deadly. The first symptoms occur six to twelve hours after consumption: severe abdominal pain, intestines, vomiting and diarrhea. These phenomena disappear after a day or two. But in the meanwhile, the liver and kidneys become irreparably damaged with death as you feel it. Despite improved treatment methods, 10% to 15% of all poisoned people still die.

Toxic Satin Mushroom (Entoloma Sinuatum)
This species can recognize you in an ivory to light gray hat with a diameter of six to fifteen centimeters. But a size of 25 centimeters has been observed. The trunk is four to fifteen centimeters high and half to three and half centimeters thick. The edges of that hat are a little curled. This fungus loves a wooded area with foliage and conifers, but is quite rare in the USA. The toxic satin fungus can be found from late summer and autumn, often in the form of witches.

One disadvantage is that the poisonous satin fungus resembles some edible mushrooms, such as spring sprinkler (Calocybe gambosa) and large miller (Clitopilus prunulus). An error is made quickly because they often grow in the same places.

Symptoms of poisoning
The poison works very quickly, within thirty minutes to two hours the first appearances occur. Initially, the victim suffers from stomach and intestinal problems, such as diarrhea, nausea and vomiting. Also, a sometimes sore headache is reported. These symptoms can last for 48 hours. Worse are the potential problems with the liver, which can not handle the poison sufficiently. In addition, mood swings or delirium may occur. Sometimes symptoms of depression last for months. It is assumed that this mushroom is responsible for 10% of all poisoning in Europe. Due to the consumption of large quantities, this species would have made a number of fatal victims.

Panteramanite (Amanita Pantherina)
The panteramanite is quite rare. You can find him in deciduous forests, especially under beech trees, and to a lesser extent in coniferous forests. This mushroom has a dark brown or gray hat (diameter 4 to 11 cm) with small white spots. He has a white foot and a white ring around the stem. That’s four to fourteen inches tall is getting upward which is narrower. The tuber is spherical with a flat top with small wrinkles that can disappear at a later age. The panteramanite resembles the good edible pearlamanite (Amanita rubescens).



Symptoms of poisoning
The first symptoms occur between thirty minutes and three hours. The symptoms begin with a phase of ecstasy, in which the victim exhibits behavioral features such as euphoria, anger, agitation, confusion, delirium and hallucinations. Then the victim becomes sleepy or even comathous. The complaints usually take twelve hours, but can also last for 24 hours. There is no antidote.

Spring mushroom mushroom (Amanita verna)
Spring sprout fungus feels senang among different deciduous and coniferous trees in Europe. Unlike many other mushrooms, spring spring mushroom cautiously raises the head. But he does not grow well until summer and fall. The hat is quite flat and has a diameter of five to ten centimeters. The trunk is about as long. The special of this mushroom is that the hat, lamella and stem are bright white. Because of his elegant appearance, the spring- bud swam in English-speaking countries is called the destroying angel .

Symptoms of poisoning
The spring mushroom fungus is one of the deadliest mushrooms in the world. Thirty grams of food can already be deadly, but the fatal dose varies quite and depends on the victim’s weight, age and health. Symptoms only occur after six hours or even a day. It usually begins with a feeling of mild discomfort, not much later followed by severe cramps and diarrhea. Then, those complaints take off slowly, but on the third day the same symptoms will repeat. Then the point is reached that the liver becomes irreparably damaged and all that the victim can save is a liver transplant.

Bundelmosklokje (Galerina marginata)
The bell moss bell is growing in the northern hemisphere mainly on fallen conifers. This species has edible brothers and sisters with hallucinating properties. An error in picking up is thus made fast. The hat is brown and spherical, with the edges curled slightly inwards. It is a relatively small mushroom; the diameter is about four centimeters and the relatively narrow stem reaches a length of three to six centimeters.

Symptoms of poisoning
The bell moss is very toxic and contains the same toxins as the deadly green knolamanite. The first symptoms of poisoning include terrible gastrointestinal tract, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. These can last for six to nine hours. After that, the symptoms disappear for about a day, but in the meantime, the liver and kidneys are unnoticed. This eventually leads to bleeding in the intestines, kidney and liver failure, and after a day or seven death.

Spring mushroom (Gyramitra esculenta)
The spring mushroom occurs on the litter under conifers, sometimes under deciduous trees. This mushroom has a characteristic hat that resembles brain crowns. The hat can be up to ten centimeters high and fifteen centimeters wide. The color of the hat varies from (chestnut) bruin to reddish. The stem is witty or flesh-colored and is often bent, but sometimes straight.

Symptoms of poisoning
Spring spring mushroom is deadly poisonous, but resembles the very edible moriel (Morchella esculenta). The spring clove fungus poison affects the liver, kidneys and the central nervous system. The first symptoms occur after about six hours and consist of severe vomiting and diarrhea. Then symptoms like dizziness, lethargy (a state of mental insensitivity) and stinging headaches follow. Later follow delirium, seizures and coma. Death follows five to seven days after eating the fatal dose.

See more: Get seeds from your own vegetables or vegetable plants

GET MORE STUFF LIKE THIS
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.

We respect your privacy and take protecting it seriously

Delivered by FeedBurner

Loading...